mutt, imaps and OAuth2

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Aug 4 10:14:04 UTC 2022

El día Donnerstag, August 04, 2022 a las 10:07:47 +0000, Sam Kuper escribió:

> On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 09:40:03AM +0200, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
> > I am about to work for an organization whose e-mails are managed by
> > Google.

> As a *temporary workaround*, maybe see if you can edit the
> GMail/GoogleMail settings so that a copy of each incoming email is
> forwarded to an email address you control that is hosted by a
> standards-compliant (and therefore Mutt-friendly) email hosting company.
> IIRC, the GMail settings interface has an option for this - or failing
> that, you can create a catch-all "filter" with a rule to forward the
> emails.

Be prepared to run into troubles sending mails to GMail/GoogleMail.
Google requires very special DNS configs to accept mails for their
users. I gave up on this and do not send any mails to Google users
anymore.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045