Simple muttrc file for accessing Gmail imap

Mark Frank mark at markanderika.com
Sat Aug 24 18:00:27 UTC 2019

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 1:21 PM Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at panix.com> wrote:

> mutt is set up to download pop3 but has no keyboard shortcut to download
> imap or didn't the last time I went through its documentation.

I've had this in my muttrc for years.  Don't  if if any of these values are
optimum as I don't use mutt much anymore but it does work.

$ grep imap ./.mutt/muttrc | egrep -v ^#
set spoolfile=imaps://imap.gmail.com/INBOX
set folder=imaps://imap.gmail.com/
set imap_keepalive = 900
set imap_user='mark at markanderika.com'
set imap_pass=xxxxxxxxx
set imap_keepalive=300
unset imap_passive
set postponed=imaps://stag.mark-and-erika.com/INBOX.postponed
macro index ,g <imap-fetch-mail> "force retrieval of mail from IMAP server"
macro pager ,g <imap-fetch-mail> "force retrieval of mail from IMAP server"