Composing ask From: address and arbitrary keys in PGP

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Tue Aug 6 19:03:38 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 05:50:59AM +0000, Ryan Smith wrote:
>The identity macro does work, but it will not work for setting custom
>header in composing new emails as hdr is set before about sending
>emails.
>I tried gpgme which does not seems to give me any option to select
>self encrypt key based on From: , but always use default key
>Can you illustrate more on how to select signing key based on From:
>in gpgme? gpgme seems also only uses default key as sign as if you
>have multiple accounts and different for keys for each account.
>Ryan

Sorry I wasn't clear. Re-reading what I wrote, seems to suggest I select
the From: and then the appropiate key gets auto-selected. That doesn't
happen. The default key remains the default key. If I select a different
From: and want a signing key for that identity, I select the appropriate
key from the gpg sign-as multi-selection.

The other way of doing it is to have two mutt sessions each running in
screen or tmux, each with different muttrc files with different
identities and different signing defaults. This is how I keep work
emails amd mailing list emails separate.
--
J.