imap4s timeouts and closed connections

José María Mateos chema at rinzewind.org
Sun Jul 28 17:17:33 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 11:13:17AM +0100, tech-lists wrote:

> I'm using fastmail for all my mail and I access it with imap4s. Lately
> I've been seeing timeouts, or a mailbox will just close [1], and yet
> my connection (fibre) is stable. I've been using imap with mutt ever
> since direct imap support became available, and this is the first time
> I've really had any problem with mutt in an imap context.

I also have Fastmail and also have these problem -- mailboxes are closed
and a malformed TLS package warning is shown. I haven't found a way to
solve this with any combination of timeouts, keepalive, etc. In the end,
this brought me back to solve whatever issues I had with offlineimap and
do everything locally now.

Cheers,

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org