Subscribing to Discourse emails (mailing-list mode)

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Fri Jul 5 00:05:13 UTC 2019

On 04Jul2019 13:46, Francesco Ariis <fa-ml at ariis.it> wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 09:49:34AM +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>> Maybe beef up the limit? Untested:
>>
>>  folder-hook fa-ml 'push <limit>!~l | ~f discourse at haskell.org<enter>'
>
>Indeed that is a simple and sensible solution. I post the actual pattern
>I used here, for future reference:
>
>    folder-hook fa-ml 'push "<delete-pattern>~r>1m!(~F)(~l | ~f
>    discourse)<enter>"'

I'm glad it was helpful.

It occurs to me now that if you want greater precision than:

  ! ~f discourse

you could make an address group and go:

  ! ~f %discourse

and maintain a small alias group thus:

  alias -group discourse discourse \
    Haskell Discourse List <discourse at haskell.org>, \
    Some Other Discourse List <discourse at other.example.ocom>

I find groups quite handy, for example tuning for HTML vs plain text:

  # prefer plain text
  message-hook . 'unalternative_order *; alternative_order text/plain text/html'
  # senders who can't seem to master multipart/mixed, and send empty
  # or useless text/plain sections
  # or just badly badly formatted plain text, such as live.com etc
  message-hook '%f htmlers | ~f @no-reply at cc.yahoo-inc.com | ~f @outlook.com | ~f live.com | ~f @facebookmail.com' 'unalternative_order *; alternative_order text/html text/plain'

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>