order of sending mail and saving to fcc

Erik Christiansen dvalin at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 12 07:20:02 UTC 2019

On 11.06.19 12:36, Derek Martin wrote:
> I hesitate to go far as to say that if you think saving the message
> first is the right behavior, you are simply wrong... but I'm
> definitely thinking it. =8^)

I like your style, Derek. And respect that your use case works for you.
What surprises me is the surplus of certitude which refuses to countenance
a legitimate use case at variance with yours.

If a new feature had been requested, then a higher bar to adding a
config option would have more merit. But where previously supported
behaviour had been removed, then it is only fair to other users for the
replacement behaviour to be optional only. Making the new behaviour the
default is in fact an (entirely acceptable) indulgence, I submit.

Erik