"mailbox externally modified. flags may be wrong"

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Wed Jun 5 21:43:57 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 10:47:59AM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
>However, I apologize: you are right.  Mutt doesn't stop checking for
>new mail, but it looks like it may be discarding the previous
>notification. I will take a look at this.

I've added a fix for this in commit e3f66d7e, which will be in the next
stable release 1.12.1.  This won't stop the "flags may be wrong"
messages, but should allow new mail to become visible in the next check.

The "flags may be wrong" message occurs when external deletions happen,
or external message flags change which could conflict with local
changes.  It seems likely some other process or client is touching your
gmail mailboxes, so I encourage you to research that more.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy