Can I do this (should I do this) with Mutt?

Dan Ciprus (dciprus) dciprus at cisco.com
Wed May 22 15:40:15 UTC 2019

If you are a mobile user then things are a bit more complex. If you prefer to
have your emails/accounts stored at the same place - desktop machine for example
- then offlineimap/fetchmail/mbsync is your way to go. There is no limit on user
  accounts with this solution. Things might get a bit more complex when it comes
  to gmail accounts where daddy Google needs to have a control even on what keys
  you are pressing - disabled pop3/imap support.

As far as searching this mess: notmuch would be something I would recommend ..

HTML support - unfortunately for us, this is going to get worse in coming years.
People seem to like more colors/fonts/pictures than actual value of the thought
put in to the text person is sending. You can have external browser showing you
the email - that's for viewing it. For editing it - I have not found better
solution than writing markdown and then translating it via pandoc to html
format. With this editing you will obviously break an email which you are
responding to ...

... just my 2 cents to this.

--

Daniel Ciprus                              .:|:.:|:.
CONSULTING ENGINEER.CUSTOMER DELIVERY   Cisco Systems Inc.

dciprus at cisco.com

tel: +1 703 484 0205
mob: +1 540 223 7098