use mutt with mh

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed May 22 14:03:58 UTC 2019

I got nmh set up and running on my system and in my
/home/jude/.mutt/muttrc file have set mbox-format=mh.  When I start mutt I
get /home/jude/Mail/inbox not found and if I create an inbox directory
under ~/Mail/ and move all received messages into that inbox directory
mutt claims /home/jude/Mail/inbox/ is not an inbox.  I had a set
folder=/home/jude/Mail line in muttrc but it had no effect so I removed
it.
I'd like to get mutt and mh working together happily, but think I'm
missing some details here and this was after more than a few duckduckgo
searches.