Viewing sent mail

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Mon May 13 16:56:49 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 07:08:07PM +0300, Edgy Hacker wrote:
>I routinely want to view the email that I sent but I am yet to figure
>out a way around this.

Your muttrc looks fine to me.  When you send email through Gmail, it
should automatically record your sent mail in the "[Gmail]/Sent Mail"
mailbox for you.

From your inbox, try typing 'c'.  That should give you a prompt:
    Open mailbox ('?' for list):
Type '?'.  This should show you a list of the mailboxes under
imaps://imap.gmail.com/.

Scroll down to the [Gmail]/ selection and hit enter.  Then scroll down
to the "Sent Mail" folder and hit enter.

One useful thing to know are mailbox shortcuts:
<http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#shortcuts>.  In your muttrc, and at the
change folder prompt, you can also use those shortcuts.

So when you are in your "Sent Mail" folder, you can type 'c' to change
file, and then simply type '!' plus "enter" to return to your inbox.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy