Wanted: complex "mutt -s ..." example

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sun May 12 07:37:03 UTC 2019

On 11May2019 18:26, Paul Gilmartin <PaulGBoulder at aim.com> wrote:
>Is there an example somewhere of using "mutt -s" to send a message
>with multiple attachments, each having different Content-type,
>Charset, Content-transfer-encoding, and Content-disposition?
>
>Or even separate messages, controlling all those attributes from
>the command line?
>
>Is it even possible?  I know I've done it from the menus, but I'd
>rather be able to script it.

I'm pretty sure that's not possible, particularly since mutt's command
line documentation ("man mutt") makes no mention of controlling any of
this stuff; all you can do is attach (multiple) things, but the
content-type is deduced from the mime.types setup you have, and I
suspect using the -a option to attach something compels the
content-disposition.

I suspect for what you want you're better off writing a small Python
programme to assemble a message and deliver it to the local MTA.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>