Inbox folder doesn't work anymore

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Wed May 8 01:54:05 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-07 22:12, Russell L. Harris wrote:

> On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 12:08:14AM -0300, Luciano ES wrote:
> > The problem is that the Inbox folder is empty. And it shouldn't be.
> > I can inspect that directory say, with a file manager, and it's loaded
> > with messages.
>
> Check two things:
>
> (1) The only maildirs or mboxes of which Mutt is aware are those which
> are specified in .muttrc by the "mailboxes" command.

This is not true, strictly speaking.

The "mailboxes" command makes a folder available to switch with the "y"
or "c-?" key sequences.  But in response to the prompt after "c", you
can enter a filename of any file or directory that is a valid folder -
in a format that mutt knows about - and mutt will happily open it.  And
you can always start mutt like

mutt -f /home/me/Mail/box

even if that path is not in any mailboxes line.