Please do not mangle In-Reply-To [was: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Send to a Listing]]]

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Tue Apr 16 00:30:19 UTC 2019

On 15Apr2019 17:39, felixs <besteck455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Ok, understood to the extent applicable to me.
>I decided to forward this sent message because I wanted to add the
>comment to the message to which the comment referred to. But I
>understand the criticism about thread-breaking messages.

Yeah. The simplest thing is just to reply to your own message - it is a
perfectly legitimate thing to do and looks just fine to everyone else.
Threading keeps it all together nicely anyway, so replying to a specific
old message is entirely sensible, yours or anyone else's.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>