Saving sent e-mails in INBOX for better threading?

Erik Christiansen dvalin at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 30 04:34:27 UTC 2019

On 29.03.19 13:37, Max Görner wrote:
> Dear list users,
>
> thank you everyone for the valuable replies. I am a bit relieved to learn that
> others follow similar approaches. I will try to Bcc all e-mails to myself.
> That sounds a bit less hacky than saving sent e-mails in the Inbox.

Errr ... doesn't Bcc-ing yourself result in saving sent e-mails in the
Inbox? And wasn't the original aim to thread both sides of an exchange
in the one mailbox, for threading?

And isn't long-term usability severely constrained by saving a chaotic
panoply of disparate traffic in one increasingly entropic morass?
(Apologies for the rhetorical query. It is intended to evoke
deliberation.)

Erik