Saving sent e-mails in INBOX for better threading?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Fri Mar 29 22:15:52 UTC 2019

On 28Mar2019 22:05, Gregor Zattler <telegraph at gmx.net> wrote:
>I send every email to me via Bcc: the incoming Bcc: copy is
>handled by the same procmail scripts as all email and therefore
>the email will go in the same folder(s).  Admittedly I get
>duplicates this way, but I use procmail also as a duplicate
>filter an anyway mutt is great in searching/deletung duplicates
>too.

I use a similar scheme (submit my own email to myself for filing) and
also use mutt's $record setting.

And I also get dups due to this practice. An alternative to stripping
dups with procmail, which I find risky unless you keep a per folder db,
is that you can have mutt strip the duplicates when you enter a folder:
tag duplicated messages (the "~=" pattern) and delete. You can push that
via a folder hook so it is automatic.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>