Patch [was Re: [Fwd: Re: Impossible to connect to mail server via pops3 using mutt 1.11]

felixs besteck455 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 11:48:46 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 03:11:34PM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:20:54PM +0100, felixs wrote:
> > I tried to access the branch with the patch, but the access is
> > password-protected.
>
> The repo is clonable via <https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt.git>, which you
> will find under the clone button on the project details page.

Yes, I did that as a first operation 2 or 3 days ago, assuming that the patch
was part of it. To better visualize the repo I have been working on
setting up gitweb functionality by means of a web server. At the moment,
I'm still getting 403 forbidden when connecting to localhost, but I
think I'll get it done.

> If you open a particular commit, the options button has "Email patches" and
> "Plain diff" views.  So, for example the commit in question is available via <https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/commit/a646d867b67bae327a9e5fc0301da5fa73450c68.patch>
> and <https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/commit/a646d867b67bae327a9e5fc0301da5fa73450c68.diff>
 Ok, thanks. Now it's confirmed that the patch/diff is in a separate
 repository (not master, which I cloned). I'll get and test it.

> However, I was still thinking about making one more change the commit so
> behavior remains the same as before when you has $pop_auth_try_all unset.
> For now, you're welcome to try the patch with that variable set.
Yes, now I have this variable set. One may ask for why I unset it
explicitly. It was to ensure that no other authentication method would
interfere with the one which is/was set up, which is "user", even when
you do not set it up explicitly with $pop_authenticators.

Thanks again.

felixs