Alias completion question

Jason electron at emypeople.net
Tue Mar 12 01:32:47 UTC 2019

I regularly use Tab to autocomplete alias names. Is there any way to
differentiate between a name that is partially completed (due to there
being several aliases starting with that string) and one that is
complete?

For example, say I have an alias named johndoe and another one named
johnnybrown. If I type 'jo' then hit Tab it will fill in 'john' and I
have no way of knowing whether this matched and will be replaced by the
email address when I hit Enter, or if it is only partial and will result
in a bounced message because of an invalid address.

To prevent this, I usually press Tab one extra time to see how many
matches pop up; just wondering if that's what everyone else does too or
if there's something that would negate the need for the extra Tab press.

Thanks,
--
Jason