phasing out isync+notmuch in favour of mutt's imap

j run darwinskernel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 17:14:24 UTC 2019

i'm trying out 1.11.1 for CONDSTORE and QRESYNC fun. (thanks Kevin for
implimenting these btw).

got a bit of complicated setup though. i have isync fetching from 2
different
gmail account's *All Mail* into ~/.maildir/g/{acct1,acct2}, Maildir format,
and
then i use notmuch to tag.

i then setup vfolder-mailboxes with  this query
'notmuch://folder:g/{acct1,acct2} AND ((tag:unread OR tag:inbox))'

i would like to phase out isync in favour of mutt's imap. so i thought i
could
cache the headers and messages under header_cache and message_cache and then
point notmuch to tag those.
notmuch, to my suprise read those dirs messages into it's db; and now this
query
``notmuch search -- '*'`` will return all my messages on gmail on the
command
lline, however exact same query will not create a virtual-maiboxes!

i realise there are lots of patches involved here that makes it impossible
test (and Kevin has already been kind to help out with some bugs in notmuch
patches) but i was wondering if anyone else has similar setup that could
share
here.