format=flowed

Will Yardley mutt-users at veggiechinese.net
Wed Dec 19 19:10:02 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 08:13:02AM -0500, John Hawkinson wrote:

> Only tangentially relevant, I spent a while trying to get
> format=flowed to work effectively a year or so ago and couldn't easily
> do so (perhaps I was testing against Gmail, I don't recall), and ended
> up just converting to sending messages with no line-breaks at all
> within each paragraph.

Yes.

I honestly think that without better editor integration, and / or some
way of validating that the content is actually formatted properly (or
post-editing formatting within Mutt), that it's not a good idea for Mutt
to support flowed text. Even when people are using the right options in
vim and doing everything else right, it seems very fragile and prone to
generating invalid flowed emails.