Hide a message?

Erik Christiansen dvalin at internode.on.net
Sat Dec 15 11:24:26 UTC 2018

On 15.12.18 19:35, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 15Dec2018 17:01, Erik Christiansen <dvalin at internode.on.net> wrote:
> > Is it in reality even remotely "likely" that any LDA contains code to
> > search out those headers and delete them in transit? (Please feel free
> > to post any code snippets found.)
> >
> > The assertion also seems to ignore that mutt inserts those headers
> > _after_ the LDA has delivered the messages, so there is normally no
> > possible opportunity for the claimed LDA header removal - is there?
>
> If you use a tool which isn't mutt, yes there's some scope to lose this
> information.

Yup, I could write an MUA, then there'd be scope for a bug, I bet. The
problem with that is that the post to which I replied posited that local
delivery agents could interfere with mutt's use of headers for internal
purposes. That's an entirely different discussion.

> If you use mutt to do the conversion, I'd expect flags to survive. I would
> not normally have any specific confidence that another tool would do so.

Yup, mutt's good stuff. But the post which I queried posited that LDAs
could magically mangle headers which mutt does not insert until _after_
delivery. It is not least the time-travel component which my post
queried. I do not think that you have addressed that with this new
topic of MUA comparison.

Erik