Hide a message?

Patrick Shanahan paka at opensuse.org
Fri Dec 14 03:05:04 UTC 2018

* Kurt Hackenberg <kh at panix.com> [12-13-18 12:40]:
> On 12/13/18 11:15 AM, Victor Sudakov wrote:
>
> > Dan Ritter wrote:
> > > That doesn't happen in Maildir storage. Is it reasonable to
> > > switch from mbox to maildir?
> >
> > An interesting idea!
>
> In my opinion, it's always a good idea to convert from mbox to something
> that works better. On Unix systems, maildir is usually a good choice.

and that is *your* opinion and quite a few others.  but there are still
many of us who have been around quite some time and still prefer/utilize
mbox.

linux is *still* about choice even when someone decides that choice is
wrong.

mbox still serves my needs and has never failed me.  why would I want to
invest time and effort to change to something (anything) else?  maildir
does not "work better" as I can see.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo		    paka @ IRCnet freenode