Hide a message?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Thu Dec 13 08:57:20 UTC 2018

On 13Dec2018 09:29, Victor Sudakov <vas at sibptus.ru> wrote:
>Mihai Lazarescu wrote:
>>On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 19:39:25 +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a way to hide a message (e.g. with a certain subject)
>>>from view in a mailbox, without actually deleting it?
>>
>>Limit to negated pattern does not work?
>>
>>E.g., to see all messages *except* those with 'mutt' in subject:
>>
>><limit> ! ~s mutt
>
>It does work, but as I said in another mail, I use limiting
>interactively, so as soon as I limit the messages by some other
>criterion, the undesirable message will show.

If your exclusion pattern is pretty fixed you can rewire the "l" macro.
Support you want to ignore messages with "mutt" in the subject.  Then:

  macro index l '<limit>! ~s mutt '

In this way when you want to use (l)imit the exclusion is always
prepended to the pattern, so you can just type the extra condtions.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>