Aliases

Thomas Schneider tds at fred.net
Tue Nov 20 06:26:39 UTC 2018

Felix:

> You could use "ZZ", only one char more and skips the mapping.

Well, I have mapped Z to insert my .sig file.  Removing that I tried
ZZ and found that it did not bring me back into vim.  Also, you have
to hold the shift key down.  ';e' is very fast and minimal!

';' has other uses - a quick escape from vim by one character.  Also I
map ',' to mean ':w^M' so I can write the file out quickly.  Usually I
have my atchange program watching the file to do whatever I want (like
run a program or typeset in LaTeX).

Tom