Aliases

steve dlist at bluewin.ch
Mon Nov 19 11:46:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm using the alias functionality very often, but there is one thing
lacking or that I haven't found yet.

Let's say I have a group alias like this

alias group1 a,b,c,d

and a simple one like this

alias joe joe at example.com

Now, I would like to create a new message with m, then the TO field
appears and I type group1 which fills that field with the four
recipients. Then I get the subject field and then I can edit the message
with my editor, vim in my case.

Now if I want to add joe to the CC field, I cannot use the alias, I must
enter it manually. This case happens so often for me that I'm looking
for a way to simplify this process. I don't know if using aliases is the
right way to go, I don't see how to add joe to the group group1 AND ask
that it goes in the CC filed and not in the TO field.

Maybe should I try to create some kind of template pre-filled?

Any help and/or ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thank.

Best,
Steve