Line-wrapping the GPG key identity selection menu

nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt
Wed Oct 17 08:38:40 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-30, nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt wrote:

> I've been sending GPG-encrypted e-mails with mutt, and I've noticed that
> the key ID selection menu, the one that shows up when there is more than
> one identity in a given recipient's key, is a bit too long for 80
> columns.
>
> This means that, when I send encrypted e-mails from an 80-column
> terminal, at least with some GPG keys, I can't read the e-mail address
> associated with each identity, as it goes beyond the 80th column.
>
> Is there any way to deal with this in mutt? An option to wrap long lines
> in menus, or keybindings to scroll the menu left/right?

I guess this applies to any menu with sufficiently long lines. Right
now, in the message index, I am unable to see the entire message subject
for some messages in an 80-column terminal.

In this case I can open the message in the pager and see the subject
there, but, out of curiosity, is there any other way to see the full
subject, line-wrapped?

But I start thinking what I really want is to be able to scroll
left/right...

--
Nuno Silva