Stop myself from sending an email with a particular string

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Sat Sep 15 03:30:32 UTC 2018

Hello Xu,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:18:09PM -0400, Xu Wang wrote:
> Long story short:
> How can I have mutt refuse to send an email if the contents contain a
> certain string, such as the example "Erica"?

There is a script that implements a similar functionality

    https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/wikis/ConfigTricks/CheckAttach

The trick is simple: substitute $sendmail with a custom one.

Or, if you use a featureful editor to write your emails (e.g. vim), you
could highlight any specific word you like.

Would that help?
-F