Need some better ideas for folder-hooks

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Fri Aug 10 16:43:51 UTC 2018

On Friday 10 August 2018 08:14,
Dave Woodfall <dave at dawoodfall.net> put forth the proposition:
> My ~/Mail is a local maildir mailbox, and I have quite a few
> folder-hooks, some to set different 'from' and 'sendmail' to send via
> various smtp servers and addresses and some set other properties:
>
> folder-hook .* source ~/.mutt/default
> folder-hook =Lists/* source ~/.mutt/listhook
> folder-hook =Google source ~/.mutt/google
> folder-hook =Yahoo source ~/.mutt/yahoo
> folder-hook =Paypal|Sent|Ebay|Trash|Shops|Slackware set sort=date
> etc.
>
> There are around 12 custom hooks in all. Because I was having
> problems, I also added them without the = too to see if would help.

After testing a few things it turned out that only 'from' wasn't
being set, but I changed things to use my_hdr and it seems OK so far.

Funnily enough I used to use my_hdr a long time ago but switched to
'set from'. Not sure why now, but looking at the man page it looks
like it can't be set on the fly like my_hdr.

-Dave

--

All language designers are arrogant. Goes with the territory...
  -- Larry Wall

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//