macro/prompt to trigger mailcap?

Thu Jul 19 11:21:58 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 09:53:54PM +0200, ilf wrote:
>How do you handle attachments?
>
>Currently, I use "auto_view text/html" and "implicit_autoview" with
>mailcap. However, I would like to not display attachments via mailcap
>automatically on opening a mail, but only after pressing another key.
>(Never trust attachments…)
>
>Is there any way one could implement this in mutt currently? Maybe
>with some kind of macro?

You should be able to do this with judicious used of mailcap entries
[1].

If you have one entry for the mime-type with the "copiousoutput" flag,
and you put that AFTER one without, then mutt will use the copiousoutput
program to auto_view the attachment, but it will invoke the other one
when you "view-mailcap". See section 3.3.2 of the manual.

[1] http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual.html#mailcap

--
For more information, please reread.