mutt 1.10.1 released

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Mon Jul 16 18:03:27 UTC 2018

Hi Mutt Users,

I've just released version 1.10.1.  Instructions for downloading can be
found at <http://www.mutt.org/download.html>.

This is a bug fix release, and includes a few important security fixes.
I strongly recommend IMAP and POP users upgrade as soon as possible.

This release merits special thanks to a couple security researchers.

Jeriko One discovered a host of vulnerabilities in the IMAP and POP
code.  His bug reports were detailed, and included demonstration code
and suggested fixes.

Marcus Brinkmann discovered an issue with encrypted email spoofing, and
reported the issue to GnuPG and Mutt.  There is a new option
$pgp_check_gpg_decrypt_status_fd to check for this.  If you have any
issues, please check your configuration against contrib/gpg.rc.

Also, thanks is due to Richard Russon.  An unfortunately timed absence
left me scrambling to get the fixes in.  Richard kindly shared his
patches and delayed his release until today, to give me time to prepare
the release.

Lastly, a big thanks to everyone who helped work on this release!

-Kevin