Bottom posting v top posting

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Thu May 17 08:06:04 UTC 2018

On 17May2018 08:56, Martin Trautmann <traut at gmx.de> wrote:
>Am 17. Mai 2018 02:01:42 MESZ schrieb Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com>:
>>tech-lists writes:
>> You'd really prefer to make
>>several separate related replies one right after the other on the
>>same topic, rather than one reply with all your comments?
>
>Absolutely yes!
>
>Anything else will destroy proper threading.

I would generally agree, but sometimes there are 2 or 3 leaf messages in a
discussion on the same point, and if you reply all 2 or 3 with one message you
can (a) post just once instead of further splaying the tree and (b get a few
closely related or even identical remark togther for comparison and response.

So it is not insane. And most threading clients will associate the reply with
at least one of the sources, and threading can continue.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>