Bottom posting v top posting

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Tue May 15 12:37:06 UTC 2018

On 13/05/2018 18:15, Martin Trautmann wrote:
> IBTD. Major e-mail tools, such as outlook, failed to support proper threading. Writing on a smartphone here, I'm not even aware of an app with threading.

You're using K-9 mail which has apparently supported threading since
4.390-beta, see
http://grokbase.com/t/gg/k-9-mail/135pt36a12/conversation-threaded-view/oldest

I must admit that I don't know of an MUA that does not have threading
capability in 2018. But I know nothing about outlook.

Oh I do that as well. I said:

>> Personally, if I need to quote someone back to themselves, I'll do it inline.

But inline quoting has its own issues. Multiple inline quotes from
multiple messages can get messy. IMOHO messier than just bottom posting,
which is at least logically chronological.

--
J.