Bottom posting v top posting

Mark H. Wood mwood at iupui.edu
Mon May 14 16:15:57 UTC 2018

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 07:15:46PM +0200, Martin Trautmann wrote:
> Am 13. Mai 2018 17:12:14 MESZ schrieb tech-lists <tech-lists at zyxst.net>:
> >Nooooo!! ;) and you're missing the point (IMOHO) :( basically, people
> >quote back way too much. This is the issue. Most email apps allow
> >threaded mail, so very little need to quote whole screeds.
>
> IBTD. Major e-mail tools, such as outlook, failed to support proper threading. Writing on a smartphone here, I'm not even aware of an app with threading.

Heh.  When I want to do email via my phone, I SSH to where the mail is
and use Mutt.  It works very well, threading and all.

I haven't seen a phone-resident MUA or a webmail thingy that I would
choose to use if I had another way.  But a modern phone makes a nice
terminal.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst, weirdo