Bottom posting v top posting

Stefan Hagen sh+mutt at ptrace.org
Sun May 13 09:49:10 UTC 2018

Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Stefan Hagen wrote:
>> HTML is not allowed on this list, so here is the HTML part for this mail:
>> https://shell.srv.hagen.coffee/~sdk/textmail.html
>
> Do you generate this somehow?

Of course I do.

My mutt configuration is here:
gopher://codevoid.de:70/1/git/dotfiles/files.gph
Or if you don't use gopher, prepend https://codevoid.de/?q=

I use a script as sendmail command (mutt/scripts/sendmail-privat).

This script calls MIMEmbellish (mutt/scripts/MIMEmbellish), which can
transform a text message into a multipart message. It was originally meant to
allow you to write markdown and create the html part with pandoc.

I really dislike the markdown approach, because if forces me to alter the
text part in order to produce proper html. I want to write emails, not source
code.

So instead of pandoc, I wrote htmlize.sh (mutt/scripts/htmlize.sh) and changed
MIMEmbellish to call this instead.

Then I send the result via msmtp.

That's pretty much my setup. I also have a mutt mail syntax file
which contains some formatting magic and a html preview shortcut.
(vim/bundle/vim-mailsyntax/ftplugin/mail.vim)

Best Regards,
Stefan

--
Stefan Hagen