choices on reading HTML emails

leo leo at autistici.org
Thu May 3 19:04:35 UTC 2018

On 03 mag 10:47, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2018-05-03 08:46, leo wrote:
>
> > In according to this discussion [1] I use this strategy: By default I
> > read html email in mutt (with elinks).  When the message can not be
> > handled well by elinks I hit "v", I choose the html part and I watch
> > it with firefox.
> >
> > This is the part in my muttrc:
> >
> > bind  attach  <return>  view-mailcap
> > alternative_order text/plain text/html
> > unauto_view *
> > auto_view text/html
> >
> > And this the mailcap:
> >
> > text/html;  firefox %s;
> > text/html;  elinks -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput
>
> How does mutt know to prefer the elinks entry initially?

Hi Ian,
I honestly don't know how it chooses the first browser, but for me it
works;)
Maybe here [1] you can find part of the solution.
I'm sorry for the untechnical answer.

Cheers leo

[1]
http://terminalmage.net/2014/03/16/how-i-read-html-email-with-mutt.html

--
leo
GPG Fingerprint: A512 4B1C D217 BA09 7551 B4B1 47AF B00C EE84 B613