Mail-Followup-To (was Re: breaking long header lines into 2 (or more) lines)

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Tue May 1 21:02:56 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 06:33:52AM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día jueves, abril 26, 2018 a las 05:28:55p. m. -0500, Derek Martin escribió:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 07:31:20PM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > > $ grep -i Mail-Followup-To ~/.muttrc
> > > $
> > >
> > > as I said, I do not set any Mail-Followup-To; and I think Reply-To:
> > > and From: is quite normal;
> >
> > Reply-To should normally not be set; its purpose is to route mail to
> > the proper address where you will receive it, in the event that your
>
> Hmm, someone set Reply-To in the headers of your mail too.

Yes, I do set it, because the address I post from is not valid (see my
sig).  If you want to reply to one of my list posts your only option
is to reply to the list.  Or, actually it's not that hard to figure
out how to e-mail me directly, if you're paying attention, but the
point is robots are very unlikly to succeed at that... including your
mailer's reply function.

[I tend to think list conversations should stay on the list anyway,
BUT ordinarily the list should not take the option away from the
sender... only the receiver should have that privilege, via reply-to.]

-=-=-=-=-