Mail-Followup-To (was Re: breaking long header lines into 2 (or more) lines)

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Fri Apr 27 14:48:40 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-27 06:33, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Hmm, someone set Reply-To in the headers of your mail too.

That was the list manager, and that's what I call munging.  AIUI it was
one of the reasons why Mail-Followup-To was invented, because Reply-To
could not be trusted anymore.  I feel it would be better to stop working
around the borkage of munging lists and expose it fully, maybe then the
practice would stop at least on geeky lists such as this one.