Question about saving sent mail to current mailbox

David J. Weller-Fahy l.mutt-users at dave.caterva.org
Thu Apr 26 01:31:03 UTC 2018

I've been dealing with an error whenever mutt starts for a few years
now, and finally decided to ask how others have fixed the issue.

I have all my sent email saved in the current mailbox.  I do this using
the following setting in my muttrc (per
https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/wikis/MuttFaq/Folder).

#v+
folder-hook . "set record=^"
#v-

As a result, every time I start mutt I get the following errors.

#v+
Error in /home/dave/.mutt/general.muttrc, line 25: current mailbox shortcut '^' is unset
Error in /home/dave/.mutt/muttrc, line 3: source: errors in /home/dave/.mutt/general.muttrc
source: errors in /home/dave/.mutt/muttrc
#v-

I would like to be able to have the same behavior (record gets set to
the current mailbox in every mailbox I visit), but without the error or
enumerating all mailboxes in folder-hooks.

What are you (the wider mutt community) doing about those errors?  If
you're not seeing the errors, then what am I doing wrong?

Regards,
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]