Mutt, NFS and errno = 31

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Fri Mar 30 15:23:48 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 08:28:27AM -0300, João Oliveira wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I came across a strange situation and need some wise advice:
>
>   -- My Mail folder is a local MH folder on a Linux machine
>
>   -- I am running mutt 1.5.x and everything is quite fine, up to this
>   point there is nothing to report.
>
>   -- I also have a NFS-mounted folder with other stuff (no Mail
>   there). This is a Windows machine, and Samba manages that.

That is not NFS.  Windows + Samba = SMB.  They are completely
different protocols, and SMB has a different set of problems.  I don't
know what's going on but you're going to get misleading answers (like
Michele's) because you appear to have mis-identified the type of file
store you're using.

-=-=-=-=-