View HTML without autoview

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Thu Mar 15 12:35:33 UTC 2018

On (15/03/18 22:32), Erik Christiansen <dvalin at internode.on.net> put forth the proposition:
>On 14.03.18 23:23, David Woodfall wrote:

>> > When you try a pipe, is that piping the message (as a pipe command would
>> > do in the index view) or just the html MIME part (as a pipe command in
>> > the attachment view would do)?
>>
>> It does the whole message. I seem to get messages where the entire
>> message is html with no separate html part. Mostly from ebay.co.uk,
>> even though I set to receive mail in plain text only.
>
>To strip headers there, is pipe_decode useful? The manual says: "When
>set, Mutt will weed headers and will attempt to decode the messages
>first." Whether an "ignore *" is also needed to make it weed out all
>headers, I haven't tested.
>
>Erik

That works quite well and has the benefit of running elinks
interactively, which means I can open links in an external app.

I made a macro:

The only problem is that for some reason if I run it on an attachment
it marks the attachment for deletion. I can't figure out why it's
doing it. I first used D for the macro, then changed it to Z in case
somehow D was being confused with d, but the problems remains. I only
ever use lowercase d for delete (s+Trash\n). Nothing shows in the help
menu that looks like it would do it.