GPGME error

Thu Mar 15 10:03:22 UTC 2018

Hello all,

For a while now, when I sign messages with GPG, I see an error message
flash up briefly before being replaced by the signing prompt. Up until
now, I'd not been able to read the message before it disappeared, but
today (perhaps my terminal was being a bit slow) I managed to see it
read "[setting sender] mailbox ...". That was enough for me to find the
function "void mutt_gpgme_set_sender()".

I can see that this function sets the sender for gpgme (presumably so it
knows who to sign as), but my question is why is the message "[setting
sender] mailbox: %s" displayed using mutt_error()? Is it *actually* an
error to set the sender? Should this have been implied elsewhere, for
example? Or is this just a bit of debugging information that's being
rather too loudly logged?

Thanks.
--
For more information, please reread.