Autocrypt and encrypted/signed mail from a key in pubring

Eike Rathke list at erack.de
Thu Aug 22 20:11:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Tuesday, 2019-08-20 15:42:13 -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 03:29:50PM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> > Another choice would be to point $autocrypt_dir at ~/.gnupg (you can
> > copy the autocrypt.db file over to save yourself having to recreate
> > accounts).  However, this will then cause Autocrypt header keys to be
> > imported into ~/.gnupg.  If that's okay with you, this will give you Web
> > of Trust signature messages instead.
>
> After thinking it over for a few days, I've updated the manual to recommend
> pointing $autocrypt_dir to ~/.gnupg if you want to use your existing key.  I
> recommend you do so too if you still want to share the same key.

I don't want the automatically scanned autocrypt keys populate my
regular keyring. I think the better solution at least for me is to sync
the autocrypt pubring from the regular pubring.

Thanks for wrapping your head around this topic :-)

  Eike

--
OpenPGP/GnuPG encrypted mail preferred in all private communication.
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A