Autocrypt and encrypted/signed mail from a key in pubring

Eike Rathke list at erack.de
Sun Aug 18 22:04:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

For an encrypted and signed mail for which the key is both in the
regular pubring and in the autocrypt pubring (and autocrypt.db), the
signature apparently is verified using the autocrypt keyring, at least
I get

| WARNING: We have NO indication whether the key belongs to the person named as shown above

although I do have that key signed in the regular keyring.

The same even for mails I wrote and encrypted and signed it says this
for my own key's signature, but not for mails I only signed and did not
encrypt. This also for older mails before Mutt added the Autocrypt
header, so presence of the header seems not to be related.

  Eike

--
OpenPGP/GnuPG encrypted mail preferred in all private communication.
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A