pkg-config usage for sqlite3

Petr Pisar petr.pisar at atlas.cz
Tue Aug 13 05:42:19 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 07:05:19PM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> There's no new issue here with sqlite3. :-/

Actually I can see an issue with the sole fact that sqlite3 is a new
dependency.

Before introducing autocrypt to mutt, there was no need for it.  I can see
that mutt can already use Berkely DB, GDBM, lmdb or qdbm for caching headers.
Wouldn't be possible to use one of them for autocrypt key storage? Or maybe
vice versa implement header caching using sqlite3. Some people get nervous
when they see a program links to multiple libraries of the same class of use.
People packaging software do not like it. An abundance of dependencies
increases a maintanance cost.

-- Petr