pkg-config usage for sqlite3

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Mon Aug 12 17:51:56 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 07:11:20PM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 09:15:57AM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
>> One common, and increasingly prevalent, solution is to use pkg-config
>> and the related autoconf macros (e.g. PKG_CHECK_MODULES).
>
>> However, this isn't without issues, for example dealing with libraries
>> installed in non-standard places.
>>
>why would supplying a non-standard search path to pkg-config files be
>any more problematic than a non-standard path to the library itself?

By all means, please enlighten me.  My understanding from starting to
research the issue is that the user needs to set up nonstandard paths in
PKG_CONFIG_PATH instead of passing them to the configure --with-sqlite3
flag.

However, I'm all ears.  If this is a non-issue please say so.  I'd be
delighted to punt this to PKG_CHECK_MODULES.  In that case, should we
just ignore anything passed to --with-sqlite3=xxxx?

--
Kevin J. McCarthy