meaning of number of lines in the message (%l in index_format)

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.org
Wed Jun 26 14:35:11 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-26 10:22:04 +0200, Daan van Rossum wrote:
> I also don't use %c for the same reason. Fixing the units to 'k'
> would make me switch to %c instead of %l as well...

Having an integer value with the KB unit would also be OK for me.
I don't care much about accurate values for small messages. And
huge messages are uncommon enough (and in my archives, I tend to
remove bug attachments).

The scaling factor could be user-configurable if need be.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>