Ticket 151 - strip leading '-' for mailcap sanitize

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Sun Jun 23 13:31:25 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 11:43:56AM +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
>Ah ok I thought sanitizing was also used when saving attachments.
>As was mentioned elsewhere prefixing './' might be best if it starts
>with '-' and a path is not prepended (can that even happen?).

Only in send mode (i.e. from the compose menu), and then only if the
symlink fails and the user agrees to proceed anyways.  So I don't think
this is an issue from Mutt's point of view.

The ticket submitter's issue was that he was writing a mailcap helper
script, in which he extracted the filename and operated on it directly.

However, I'm still thinking about the cases for %{} and %t.  Those are
not prefixed with anything.  On the other hand, use of those would tend
to be as part of an option, (e.g. --charset=%{charset}).  I'm reluctant
to modify $mailcap_sanitize if not necessary though.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy