Ticket 151 - strip leading '-' for mailcap sanitize

Eike Rathke list at erack.de
Sun Jun 23 09:43:56 UTC 2019

Hi Kevin,

On Friday, 2019-06-21 13:26:22 -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 10:03:23PM +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
> > I would not like to have all '-' replaced by '_' in attachments
> > (specifically I personally use '-' instead of '_' except when I need
> > some differentiation). It may also complicate things if for some reason
> > the file name is mentioned or referenced elsewhere and not identical.
> >
> > I'd rather much prefer to treat a leading '-' as a special case here.
>
> This is referring to filename sanitizing for mailcap invocation:
> mutt_sanitize_filename().  The change isn't preserved outside of the
> invocation, and isn't used to otherwise modify the filenames of attachments.
>
> Does your concern still apply in those circumstances?

Ah ok I thought sanitizing was also used when saving attachments.
As was mentioned elsewhere prefixing './' might be best if it starts
with '-' and a path is not prepended (can that even happen?).

  Eike

--
OpenPGP/GnuPG encrypted mail preferred in all private communication.
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A