Security: Mutt and mailcap rules

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Sat Jun 22 22:12:37 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 07:05:58AM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 06:49:03AM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
>>No, the setup code is complicated, as you can see from the above
>>listed functions.  Send mode directly uses the filename if a
>>nametemplate isn't required.
>
>And interestingly, it looks like the print command would fail in send
>mode without a template.  I'll add a fix for that.

I've pushed some commits to stable and master with bug fixes and code
cleanup.

I removed the return value from mutt_rfc1524_expand_filename(), and the
"special case" handling in send-mode from attach.c.  I think this, along
with the other commits, makes the code much clearer now.

Also, I made sure the filename parameter to
mutt_rfc1524_expand_command() is run through either
mutt_rfc1524_expand_filename() or through the sanitize command.  The
test field was missing this, but I don't think in practice anyone has %s
in a test field.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy