Building master on Fedora fails

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Sun May 19 21:28:09 UTC 2019

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 11:03:17PM +0200, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
>On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 12:46:07 -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
>> I've checked upstream, <http://docbook2x.sourceforge.net/>.  The 0.8.8
>> release includes docbook2texi as a perl script, and it clearly supports
>> the --string-param argument.  If you have any more information on why
>> Fedora's version is out of sync with upstream I'd appreciate it.
>
>Fedora packages the docbook2X version of docbook2texi as
>db2x_docbook2texi (in package docbook2X). The binary it provides as
>docbook2texi comes from RedHat's own docbook-tools:
>http://sources.redhat.com/docbook-tools/
>which are packaged as docbook-utils, sic.

That's helpful.  Perhaps I can look for db2x_docbook2texi first, then.
However, if they don't have the docbook2texi package installed but have
docbook-tools installed it will fail on invocation.

It looks like RedHat's docbook-tools is even older than docbook2x.  I'm
not sure if docbook-tools is commonly installed.  Do either of you think
this approach is feasible?

--
Kevin J. McCarthy