Building master on Fedora fails

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Sun May 19 17:32:34 UTC 2019

Thanks for trying it out and finding these problems, Eike!

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 01:02:16AM +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
>One is the call
>
>/usr/bin/docbook2texi --encoding=utf-8 \
>    --string-param output-file=mutt \
>    --string-param 'directory-category=Email-software' \
>    --string-param 'directory-description=Text based mail reader' \
>    manual.xml

I added this program name because it was named that way on Arch Linux.
On Arch, at least, the program is the same as Debian: a perl script.
I'd be interested to see what the Fedora version looks like.

If I can't figure it out, I'll just remove the check for 'docbook2texi'
for this release and try to take a closer look at Fedora in the next
cycle.

>Second is a linkage failure of the mutt executable
>
>/usr/bin/ld: crypt-gpgme.o: undefined reference to symbol 'gpgrt_cmp_version@@GPG_ERROR_1.0'
>/usr/bin/ld: //usr/lib64/libgpg-error.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
>
>The problem is that a /usr/bin/gpgme-config --libs  only returns
>
>-L/usr/lib64 -lgpgme

I've pushed a new branch kevin/gpgme-build-fix which grabs the most
recent versions of gpgme.m4 and gpg-error.m4 from gpgme release 1.13.0.
It adds a call to AM_PATH_GPG_ERROR(1.33), and appends $(GPG_ERROR_LIBS)
to the library list.

Please give this a try and let me know if it works okay.

If not, then I'l merge your fix, but I'd rather stick with the GPGME
versions if possible.

Thank you!

--
Kevin J. McCarthy